THE GAMES ON THIS WEBSITE ARE NOW LONGER UNDER MGA CLASS 3 LICENSE
ONLINE NOW: 82 Players, 51 Games
- Rankings Points
- Loss of Connection
- Review Games and Rankings Info
- Rankings are based on the ELO Rating System
which is widely to calculate player's skill. It is used for the World Chess Rankings, YAHOO Games, XBOX etc.
- The main idea is that the points won by the winner depend on the difference in skill between losers and winners. If the higher skilled
player beats the lower skilled player then few points are won by the winner and few points lost by the loser. If the low skilled player beats the high skill
player then the high skilled player loses a lot of points and the low skilled player wins
a lot of points.
- The advantages of this system is:
- When a high skilled player beats a low skilled player then the current Rankings is correct and should not change significantly.
- Players cannot win too many points and advance just by playing a large number of games.
- High skill players low in the Rankings can move up quickly.
- The points awarded in a game are always zero-sum. That means that as many points are awarded to the winners must be deducted
from the losers. This is important so that the Rankings Points range stays fairly constant over time. If this was not true
and more points given than deducted then Rankings would slowly be moving towards higher and higher points and their value would
not be constant over time.
- The points awarded in a game is not always the same. The points to be given are calculated by the following formula:
Points = ½ x Randomness x Completion x Odds
- Randomness: Depending on the type of game to ensure the least possibility of collusion between players:
- 8: For Random Queue
- 2: For Random Seating Table
- 1: For Fixed Seating Table
- 4: For Completed Game
- 3: For Incomplete Game played to more than half points (ie 126 or more points in 251 point game)
- 2: For Incomplete Game played to less than half points (ie 125 or less points in 251 point game)
- 2: For Incomplete Game played to less than a quarter points (ie 63 or less points in 251 point game)
- Odds: This will range between ½ to 2.
- ½: Winners much higher skilled than losers
- 1: Teams roughly evenly matched
- 2: Winners much lower skilled than losers
- In two player games, if one becomes disconnected then the other player automatically winds the game.
- In four player Real Money Games a computer player takes over if a player disconnects from game before it finishes. See
Game Rules for more information
- In four player Fun Games the computer takes over until the current round is finished. Then the game is ranked based on the
points won up to that point. The player who disconnects first is responsible for the disconnection. The points won and
lost by the players are multiplied as followed:
- Player disconnects and after the round is complete the game is lost: The game is awarded 16 points:
|Disconnected Player||-24 Pts
|Disconnected Player Partner||-8 Pts
|Opponent 1||16 Pts
|Opponent 2||16 Pts
- Player disconnects and after the round is complete the game is won: The game is awarded 16 points:
|Disconnected Player||0 Pts
|Disconnected Player Partner||8 Pts
|Opponent 1||-4 Pts
|Opponent 2||-4 Pts
- Click My Games in the Game Room to view your recent games
- Click on View next to a game to view that game.
- You can view information about the game and the scores and see how the Ranking points were calculated.
You can also view each round and how the cards were played.
©2022 GamesFair.com all rights reserved